Don’t want to take your stuff home at the end of term?Self-storage is your solution.
Self-storage for students
As a student, school holiday means hauling your stuff home only to bring them back a couple of month later. You might wonder if there isn’t a better way.
It’s simple really! Store your stuff in one of our affordable lockers or small storage units. We keep your belongings safe while you enjoy your break!
5 reasons for renting a unit while studying!
- Moving into a tiny room – If your room is smaller than you thought, a storage unit near your campus can be the perfect extension of your room.
- Accumulating stuff – Do you have way more stuff than at the beginning at the year? We’ve been there! Whatever you can’t fit in your room, you store!
- Enjoying new hobbies – Being a student means trying out new hobbies or sports. And some of these equipment can take up a lot of space! So why not keep that mountain bike or canoe in storage?
- Worried about security in a shared house – You won’t always know all your housemates’ friends, so keeping some things in storage can be reassuring.
- Moving home for the summer – No need to move all your belongings out of your room every year. There is a better way! Simply store your stuff at Shurgard during the summer months.
Find storage near you (enter postcode or location)
Small storage unit sizes for students
As a student you won’t need a storage unit the size of a garage. That’s why we recommend a locker or a small unit.
Locker 10 sq ft
Good for storing several moving boxes
Unit 10 sq ft
Good for storing some smaller pieces of furniture, sport equipment and boxes
Unit 15 sq ft
Good for storing the content of a 150 sq ft room
Unit 20 sq ft
Good for storing the content of a 200 sq ft room
Student-friendly prices and way more!
Our storage prices match your need for flexibility and budget.
- First month’s rent is only £1 – that’s cheaper than a pint!
- We don’t ask for a security deposit, ever
- You get free access to your unit 7 days a week
- You can stay for as long or a short as you like
- You are the only one who has access to your storage room
- Our locations are close to campuses and easily accessible by public transport
Other things you need to know
We understand most students are on a tight budget. That’s why we keep additional costs to a minimum. What you will need to take into account:
- A one-off administration fee of £15 when you sign your first contract
- A unique lock and key to your unit for £14.95 which you can re-use anytime you store with us
- Insurance for your stored items starting at £3 a week insuring up to £2,000 worth of goods
We detected a slow network and loaded a static map.
Tap here to enable the interactive map.