Are you new to self storage? Need some extra space but do not know where to start?
The guide below will take you through the self storage process in as little as 4 simple steps.
Shurgard is designed to be easy. Here are just a few things you'll need to know to make it even easier, especially on your first day when moving into our store.
Signing your contract
- Before moving in, you'll be asked to sign a contract. Be sure to arrive during Office Hours, and plan on spending 15 to 30 minutes to complete this document on move-in day.
- Bring a valid photo ID (your driving license, ID or passport). It can also be helpful to bring a copy of your reservation confirmation email, although not required.
- For your benefit and protection, insurance for your stored items is required.
A convenient and affordable way to get the insurance coverage you need is through Marsh — a customised insurance policy created specifically for Shurgard customers.
Accessing your unit
- After signing the contract, the store manager will provide you with a "personal pin code" — your own personal number to enter our premises and open the electronic security gate.
- After that, you're free to come and go during Access Hours. We are open seven days a week, 365 days per year. Check on our website to find specific Office and Access Hours for your store, as these can vary by location.
Loading your unit
- Make good use of our free trolleys. They'll save time and energy when moving heavy items and are available through your store manager.
- You'll find many other helpful ideas when you view our self storage tips — a practical list of everything you'd ever want to know about storing.
- Don't forget to make good use of your store manager. They're the real storage experts and it's their goal to help you get the most out of your unit.
That's it! All done! You've got it, right?
Let's start by searching for a store near you and check out our competitive prices